Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The US economy will grow by an extra $7T over the next decade due to immigration
(02-14-2024, 02:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Of course it would, but I don't think that's quantifiable right now.  I've been hearing about "natural disaster by year 19XX" and beyond since I was a kid in the 70's.  Back then it was a new ice age.  Point being I don't think that's something you can hang your hat on.  AI taking over tons of jobs is a given and when it happens it's going to accelerate dramatically.

I only brought that up because I recently learned about a climate sensitivity data point that is a part of the puzzle used when studying climate, and it is apparently not as forgiving as we once thought. And newer models starting to show shit could hit the fan sooner than expected.

We’ve been hearing about dangerous wet bulb temps in recent years. Where humidity and temperature are so high the human body can’t cool itself. And I don’t see any reason to believe all of a sudden we are going to reverse course and the planet start cooling. This shit might still sneak up on us, even though we’ve been talking about it for decades.

https://news.sky.com/story/january-2024-was-hottest-on-record-scientists-say-13066493
“It means the last eight consecutive months have been the warmest on record for their respective months.”
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The US economy will grow by an extra $7T over the next decade due to immigration - NATI BENGALS - 02-14-2024, 09:50 PM