Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Use of derogatory names for politicians and groups of people
(03-16-2024, 06:44 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Maybe this is something where I need to reconsider the terms used. I'm really just trying to articulate that the cult of MAGA is a smaller subset of Trump supporters. What makes it difficult is the mercurial nature of Trump because what really is the MAGA position? But that's a whole other discussion and derails even further.

What I would simply add here is that there are several researchers on cult behavior that would tell you there was a cult of personality around Obama, also around Bill Clinton as well as Ronald Reagan. The most popular politicians almost always have a cult of personality around them. Trump's is considered more extreme for a number of reasons. As you said, though, we should probably leave this discussion for the time being.

All fair points made that I don't feel really warrant a response other than your question about what the MAGA position is. My response to pally is what I would say to that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Use of derogatory names for politicians and groups of people - Matt_Crimson - 03-18-2024, 09:21 PM