Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals
(03-19-2024, 03:44 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: True enough. 

And it is not like the situation is irretrievable. The coaches & FO seemed to pin some of our defensive issues vs the run to communication/trust issues on the back end. Getting Stone & Bell should help with that, regardless of Reader. Sweat would be fantastic, Jackson good. 

But a DT room of BJ Hill, Rankins, Carter, Tufele, & Bell is putrid. Especially vs the run. I still think we need 2 DTs/NTs. 

Sweat & Jackson are the only NTs I think that can be starter-ish level year 1. And I'd be stunned if either are close to Reader. 

In 2024, we could have had an elite player for close to nothing. Or at least the possibility of one. That is a risk worth taking. 

For, 2025, the cost would have been steeper, but still a bargain for Reader if he is close to 100%. 

Anyway, you will never be able to convince me the Reader/restructure issue was anything but flat out stupid, no matter how it plays out. You can hit on 19 and get a duece, but the decision was still dumb. 

I am just hoping we can pull that duece. Or an ace. 

As for Mr. Brown, it is hard to say without viewing the contract. I assilume we got input from Gesicki & Karras before the signing. I'd trust him. The Pats dud screw him over on the bonus. I am OK with the attitude issues. 

The injury issues worry me some. I am still all in on Fuaga/Latham in Rd 1. If both are gone & Bowers is there.....I may pull the trigger. I do like Mims as well, but he & Guyton are OTs all the way. Latham/Fuaga/Fautanu have some G possibilities. 

It opens up the draft some. Frankly, I thought it eould be hard for us to get a good OT because I figured they want a guarantee on starting (Smith, Onwenu, Eluemunor, Brown, etc). If we got Brown without one, that is a big win. 

So you are down as the 2024 Bengals are not likely to be any good due your expert analysis afer the Brown signing and prior to the draft.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Luvnit2 - 03-19-2024, 04:08 PM