Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence..
(03-29-2024, 05:52 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL ok. At least we are clear about the differences.  I would put it this way: I'm more concerned about constant false equivalence.

How that gets "heard." That has to be contested more front and center in public debates, from my view.

So yes, in terms of these forum debates, I'm not interested in leveraging "who's worse" on some score card. 
I'm concerned about the real consequences of misinformation, anti-democratic policies, and the like.

I disagree with the whole notion that it is about ranking levels of concernedness. I mean, honestly I can't really get into all of it, I just did not expect that me talking about Democrats would lead to you bringing up slavery and make me google Ragnary rolls. But sure, I am also concerned about false equivalencies. There's just the problem that they exist anyway and concealing certain truths for fear of them, once outspoken, getting misused in right-wing rhetorics imho is an odd choice. If any, it just adds dishonesty and blind loyalty to the list people can draw false equivalencies from.

And I can just say that this has nothing to do with history professors saying "blacks had slaves too", it's not about justifying or minimizing or relativizing Trump. Yeah he's the clear and present danger to democracy itself, I see it the same way, but that's all I can commit to. Your special bipolar politics sure make it apparent that this stance means supporting Democrats, no way around that. But also going along with this whole oversimplified mythology of Democrats fighting the good fight against Trump, hero against villain, that seems ill-advised to me. It gives me certain Bush vibes when he introduced the world to the logic of you're either with us or the terrorists, meaning you'd better be fine with everything we do and critizising us is akin to supporting the evil side. Which did not sit all that well with the world. Now here terrorists are Trump and the Bush admin are the democrats, just to make my example clear, but to me it's the same kind of underlying dogmatism.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence.. - hollodero - 03-30-2024, 07:10 PM