Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence..
(03-30-2024, 08:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: SSF is in my opinion the furthest thing from a Trump supporter.  Now Dill, with him being a college professor of philosophy or some such, is a bit over the top in his partisan rhetoric.  His posts regarding Trump are "over the top" for someone supposedly in a position of leading and teaching a new generation. If anything, a person of his station should maintain a position (at least outwardly) of neutrality, and only focus on the bigger picture. 

The truth of the matter is that in our Nation, both parties are losing supporters at a fast clip. If ever there was a time for a 3rd party to make a significant impact on an election, this would be the year. The Democaratic Party has went to great lengths to denounce and defame the "no labels party", in my opinion because several of the supporters of NLP are people who chose to leave the current Democaratic Party as their ideals simply don't align with mainstream America any longer. If you ask me, a candidate like Joe Machin with a running mate like Tulsi Gabbard could actually gain enough votes from both sides to make a significant impact in the upcoming election. But, it likely won't happen.

SSF may not be a Trump supporter but his expressed opinions don't exactly distance him from the political beliefs of Trump's party.

So college professors are not allowed to anonymously express personal political opinions on a non-political forum.. why?  How can a professor teach his students to "focus on the bigger picture, if he isn't allowed to talk about the details that affect the overall picture?

SSF is a police officer who works with the public, with often vastly different political opinions than his own, if you are concerned that Dill can't control himself in the classroom, why aren't you equally concerned with this public official whose opinions can influence how he deals with people in his job.

And don't get me wrong I am not questioning either man's ability to keep personal opinions out of their job performance. I, however, am questioning why you believe a college professor isn't allowed to have personal opinions and anonymously express them.  But still, aren't college students adults who are supposed to be utilizing critical thinking skills?  They aren't children who need to be protected from the opinions of anyone including their professors.

I'd love to see a 3rd political party but, to me, it seems that so many of these start-up parties and independents running are starting from the wrong end.  They all want the Presidency.  They should work at the grassroots level and build up wins for state houses and Congress first.  Show Americans what they believe in and how they would govern.  As it is right now, they lose the presidency in one election cycle and they then disappear before the next.  It makes these parties' founders look like they aren't interested in long-term governing but are aiming for short-term power.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence.. - pally - 03-30-2024, 09:56 PM