Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence..
(03-31-2024, 03:32 PM)Dill Wrote: In this forum, I am the "furthest thing from a Trump supporter." 

For the record, I have consistently separated Trump "supporters," like Luvnit, from Trump "defenders," like SSF, who regularly runs interference for criticism of Trump policy. SSF says he is pro-choice; Trump's SCOTUS picks give him a great chance to show that, but no, he thinks Trump's SCOTUS choices better protect our "freedoms." Howz that make him "furthest thing from a Trump supporter"?  Or his defense of Trump's Muslim ban? 

His primary target is "the modern left," a vague entity which he deems the greater threat, sending him after critics of Trump, to the cheers of many MAGA posters.
Sprinkling his posts with occasional reminders of how he thinks Trump an odious person doesn't establish "centrist" credentials for me. 

I don't believe I have ever claimed in this forum to be a professor of anything. Were a college professor of philosophy I wouldn't mention it here, as I don't make arguments based on claims of expertise or special authority. 

In any case, seems to me I do focus on the "the bigger picture" constantly--the nature of democracy and threats to it, here and abroad.  
Hence my frequent digressions on both history and the conditions/requirements for rational discourse, especially supporting claims with evidence and
valid inference.  "Pedantry" as SSF calls it. And remaining civil. No name-calling and personal attacks. 

I don't invoke such standards and then make exceptions for myself on any of these counts. I welcome opposing views and don't work to jam or restrict them on threads.

To first bolded, despite his numerous times of explaining that he's essentially Socially Left, and supports the Right on a few key issues, you don't like that he calls each side out on their ridiculousness? Am I to gather that from your point of view a person can only be Left or Right, no chance of centrism?

To second bolded, the way you operate in circular arguments really has me convinced that you focus more on the minutia than the bigger picture. (I apologize for the broad generalization, but I'm a big picture kinda guy)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence.. - SunsetBengal - 03-31-2024, 03:53 PM