Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence..
(04-04-2024, 12:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It's about Priorities.
Abortions, gay marriage and Trans people are social issues. Thus a low priority in the overall picture.
We have laws that protect them (other than abortion which i've made clear i want a middle ground on), I don't want "special" laws that give benefits to one group over others, Just make a blanket law and be done with it.  

How we spend our tax money, immigration, economy/jobs are my Priorities. 
If everyone has a job and can support their families, then we can get to work on the social side of politics. 

Til then get us the hell out of debt and spend the money on USC's not immigrants and corrupt countries, and for the love of God stop policing the world. 
Let NATO, UN and all the others take care of themselves. I get tired of the US being the bad guy when we try to handle something and it goes wrong. 

Stop blowing it on Electric cars, ffs 7.5 B's spent on it 2 years ago and we only have 7 fully functional charge stations in 4 states?? WTF. Manage that shit better. 

Been better off spending it on infrastructure.

The funny thing is Dill never actually reads what you write, he interprets it as he wills.  I have said I preferred Trump to Hillary for SCOTUS picks as with Hillary the 2A would be a thing of the past.  I think the 2A is among the most important protections in our Constitution, and it's pretty much unique.  

The other confusion comes from his deliberate obtuseness on the issue of Roe.  While I believe we should have a federal law protecting abortion access, at least up to a point for elective abortions, I thought Roe was poorly decided.  Abortion being a Constitutional right under the 14thA right to privacy was a tenuous link at best.  Oddly enough, Bel entirely agrees with me on this, but somehow the opinion makes me right wing, not him.  I used to have drag out fights on this and the old board regarding same sex marriage.  I've been arguing since I could that marriage has civil benefits, thus excluding two consenting adults from accessing those benefits is blatantly unconstitutional.  Another very right wing position to have.

As much as he complains about labels he seems exceedingly comfortable slapping them on people.  

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence.. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-04-2024, 12:49 PM