Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence..
(04-05-2024, 06:42 PM)Dill Wrote: ??? So where is this at any point different from my "willed interpretation" of your position?  

This doesn't correct any "misunderstanding" on my part.  It just repeats what I say your right wing beliefs are and your justifications for them. 
I'd only disagree with oddly false framing comments like "I don't read you" and am "deliberately obtuse" on Roe.
I not only read your posts, I remember them better than you do.    

Sure, somewhere in the deep dark past you used to defend same-sex marriage. Like a (YUCK!) progressive.

But now that you've become one of this forum's LOUDEST and most constant opponents of "the modern left" and "white guilt,"
a defender of nationalism and law and order who expresses his love for the most conservative court in a hundred years, and his anger over
the liberal double standard on Trump, and channels the IDF on the Super thread--surprise surprise--people think you are not "centrist" 
but, yes, a "rightist," by same kind of evidence and logic that, correctly, make me a "leftist." 

It would be silly and inaccurate for me to claim I'm a "centrist"  because I own guns and had "drag out fights" on the old board,
or a right wing poster agrees with me, then go back to criticizing Trump and the GOP and  Right wing politics day in and day out 
from a left-wing angle. Reminding people every now and then that I OWN GUNS TOO! and so must be free of partisan entanglements. 
People would be justified in wondering why the insistent self-misrepresentation, the discomfort with accurate labeling.

So I am comfortable with people "slapping" a left label on me when I practice leftist politics, calling me a "leftist" when I support/defend liberal or actual leftist positions/politicians. Might be different if my criticism were 50/50. But it is not and I don't pretend otherwise.

One SHOULD be comfortable with accurate labeling, but very UNCOMFORTABLE with generating labels ad hoc as rhetorical weapons,
like calling someone a racist or an anti-semite or an ISIS supporter or an ANTIFA supporter as a tactic, depending on the thread topic. 
There is no evidence in this forum that I am "comfortable" using labels that way.

Anti-Labeler just doesn't have that "oof" I'm looking for.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence.. - Mike M (the other one) - 04-05-2024, 07:37 PM