Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browning and Woodside signed at QB
https://www.bengals.com/news/jake-browning-re-signed-logan-woodside-2024-free-agency-bengals-quarter-back

Browning gets a 2 year deal, is he locked into the 2nd year or is that a player option?

Also Logan Woodside hasn't done much, but at least they have a body there.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 11:25 AM)phil413 Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/jake-browning-re-signed-logan-woodside-2024-free-agency-bengals-quarter-back

Browning gets a 2 year deal, is he locked into the 2nd year or is that a player option?

Unsure at this point, but good on the bengals (I would assume). He likely is making more than veteran min.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Whoaaaa Jacoby brissett wasn’t available to keep the JB streak alive.
Reply/Quote
Happy Jake Browning got a 2 year deal, he deserves it and it is great we have a proven #2 QB now.

Expecting after the UFL season to bring back McCarron from the Battlehawks. AJ is having a good season in the UFL so far this year
and I like him as our #3 more than Woodside.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 01:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Happy Jake Browning got a 2 year deal, he deserves it and it is great we have a proven #2 QB now.

Expecting after the UFL season to bring back McCarron from the Battlehawks. AJ is having a good season in the UFL so far this year

Nice to have consistency at backup and one we know is Serviceable.

Woodside might just be for a Camp Arm. and to battle for 3rd QB spot

Down for bringing Back AJ as well is no one else offers him a backup role
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 01:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Happy Jake Browning got a 2 year deal, he deserves it and it is great we have a proven #2 QB now.

Yep ... I'm glad the team did him right. He definitely earned that deal. I think you're probably right about Woodside being a camp body, and they likely try to get McCarron back. From what I understand, they only released him so he could go play in the UFL. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Browning definitely proved himself last season with how he played. I was worried that the team would let him go, but I'm sure they realized how valuable he was filling in for Joe.
Reply/Quote
I expected the two year deal for Browning because from what I could see he would have been a restricted free agent next year anyway. Hopefully we didn’t over pay and just gave him a little bump to make him happy.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 01:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Nice to have consistency at backup and one we know is Serviceable.

Woodside might just be for a Camp Arm. and to battle for 3rd QB spot

Down for bringing Back AJ as well is no one else offers him a backup role

Makes sense, we will see how good of a season AJ has in the UFL and if he gets offered a chance with a team that he would be more 
likely to start on or if he comes back here. Expecting him back here though.

(04-23-2024, 02:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep ... I'm glad the team did him right. He definitely earned that deal. I think you're probably right about Woodside being a camp body, and they likely try to get McCarron back. From what I understand, they only released him so he could go play in the UFL. 

I didn't hear if that is the case, that they only released him so he could play in the UFL, but it makes sense as well.

If that truly is the case he will be back like we expect.
Reply/Quote
Hey, we got the drunk kid back
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 05:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey, we got the drunk kid back
Lol, I was juuuuuust coming in here to make a sarcastic comment about Woodside to that effect!

Imagining he has flyers up behind each bar and brewery in Bellevue with "Do NOT serve!" printed boldly around his NFL / roster picture.
Reply/Quote
Welcome back, Jake. You've been truly outstanding. We hope you never see the field again. Sign here please. Tongue
Reply/Quote
Nice of the FO to get Browning a two year deal. I'm a little surprised they brought back Woodside considering how things started here with him. I imagine the team will probably look for a 4th QB after the draft now, unless there's one that really stands out on day 3.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 11:25 AM)phil413 Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/jake-browning-re-signed-logan-woodside-2024-free-agency-bengals-quarter-back

JMO this has Dan Pitchers hands all over it. He was the QB coach now OC. He must have really wanted him. There’s plenty of reasons for them to do this. He played well. He sure knows the offense. Zac,Dan, and Kragthorpe all feel super comfortable. And…. Browning must like it as well. I think he earned a shot as a starter somewhere. I was purporting a trade of him and Tee to Minnesota for Justin Jefferson.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:16 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: JMO this has Dan Pitchers hands all over it. He was the QB coach now OC. He must have really wanted him. There’s plenty of reasons for them to do this. He played well. He sure knows the offense. Zac,Dan, and Kragthorpe all feel super comfortable. And…. Browning must like it as well. I think he earned a shot as a starter somewhere. I was purporting a trade of him and Tee to Minnesota for Justin Jefferson.

If we threw in our first, sure. But do you really think Jake can be a starter and lead a team to a Super Bowl?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 10:41 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: If we threw in our first, sure. But do you really think Jake can be a starter and lead a team to a Super Bowl?

I think he can be a low level fringe starter. Minnesota needs a QB. Don’t know their situation with Jefferson.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 10:41 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: If we threw in our first, sure.  But do you really think Jake can be a starter and lead a team to a Super Bowl?

If you designed the offense around him he seemed to play well enough
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 10:41 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: If we threw in our first, sure. But do you really think Jake can be a starter and lead a team to a Super Bowl?
I don't think he could lead the Vikings to a SB, but I do think he could be a playoff QB in the right scheme, AND be a quality veteran placeholder if the Vikings choose to take a QB this draft. I'm not sure the Vikings have even a quality backup QB / vet who's "been there, seen and done that" on their roster right now. Thats a recipe for rookie Bryce Young level play, and if I'm a GM, I'm trying to avoid that!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 05:04 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I don't think he could lead the Vikings to a SB, but I do think he could be a playoff QB in the right scheme, AND be a quality veteran placeholder if the Vikings choose to take a QB this draft. I'm not sure the Vikings have even a quality backup QB / vet who's "been there, seen and done that" on their roster right now. Thats a recipe for rookie Bryce Young level play, and if I'm a GM, I'm trying to avoid that!

Agree, Browning might actually give the Vikings a chance at the Playoffs, he was impressive for his first starts of his career without question.

Has a great talent throwing off the back of his foot very accurately, rare. Jake is smart as a whip to boot.
Reply/Quote