Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Day!!
Will the Discord chat be opened for tonite?

As always there will be plenty of discussions on this board.  We learned last season, that for live events the various viewing options available to people (antenna, cable, tv streaming, phone streaming, computer streaming, etc) can lead to viewing lag time differences of several minutes.  As a result, some people can hear the results before others do.  The fastest option is watching off your antenna.  Cable is usually the 2nd fastest.  Streaming times rely on your internet download speed and are slower

If you do not want to know the draft picks before YOU hear them.  GET OFF THE BOARD when the pick grows near.

I'm torn between having options at #18 or having a run on the players we are targeting so that the pick becomes obvious when the time comes.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This is always a fun day as a Bengals and NFL fan.

If the pick is a WR or CB, I'll trust Duke and Zac but I prefer they draft for the trenches or Bowers makes his way to #18.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's going to be best player available at either interior DL, OL, CB, or Bowers if he's there. They will just follow their board which is the correct thing to do.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 09:19 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's going to be best player available at either interior DL, OL, CB, or Bowers if he's there. They will just follow their board which is the correct thing to do.

You wouldn’t put receiver there? What if odunze falls somehow?

I found an AI mock that has him falling to end of first… doubtful, but we see it every year.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-mock-draft-2024-ai-caleb-williams-rome-odunze/db86528273e5f1722d504d78
Reply/Quote
It should be pretty straightforward for us.

Take one of the top 2 DT's (Murphy or Newton), one of which or both should fall to us. Or, if Bowers somehow slides you can justify taking him.

With our track record of drafting OL or even developing OL I absolutely DO NOT want to see us take one in the 1st round. Our starters are set on the line for now. Fix the obvious issues at DT with a stud and move onto the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
Happy Draft Day Bengals fans!!

I'm ready for chaos and the Bengals moving up for one of the big 3 receivers.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 09:03 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is always a fun day as a Bengals and NFL fan.

If the pick is a WR or CB, I'll trust Duke and Zac but I prefer they draft for the trenches or Bowers makes his way to #18.

^This. I don’t want a WR/CB in the first. Address the lines please! Or Bowers Wink I would be cool with Sinnott or Holker at some point if Bowers is gone.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 10:04 AM)TKUHL Wrote: ^This. I don’t want a WR/CB in the first. Address the lines please! Or Bowers Wink I would be cool with Sinnott or Holker at some point if Bowers is gone.

How about Bowers and then later use the second 3rd pick on Sinnott? Double TE sets here we come. 

Who Dey Fun day to see what unfolds.
Reply/Quote
Lots to sort thru with the o-lineman...and...if they really like one of them, I'm good with moving up.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 09:40 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: You wouldn’t put receiver there?  What if odunze falls somehow?

I found an AI mock that has him falling to end of first… doubtful, but we see it every year.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-mock-draft-2024-ai-caleb-williams-rome-odunze/db86528273e5f1722d504d78

I 100% would, but that's not going to happen. That's why I didn't mention it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Some of you all are going to lose their shyt when Bowers is there at 18 and we don't take him. ha!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 10:46 AM)Stewy Wrote: Some of you all are going to lose their shyt when Bowers is there at 18 and we don't take him.  ha!

Kinda like when they had to sent the rescue squad over to check on Brad's well being when the passed on Michael Meyer last season?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 10:50 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Kinda like when they had to sent the rescue squad over to check on Brad's well being when the passed on Michael Meyer last season?

I hope you guys have a great draft!
Reply/Quote
Has Lap given his pick yet?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
There are many ways Bengals can go. Higgins on the tag and no Boyd creates a major need at WR. Our OL has Brown on 1 year deal and Karras on final year of contract creates need at OL. We don't really have a shutdown #1 CB making it a possibility. The DL just got interesting with Trey requesting a trade and losing Reader.

I love the draft. Our FO has a tough job making the right pick.

Each year I see fans get upset when their guy is passed over and then attack our FO. There are lots of opinions on this board, impossible to make us all happy.

This is my top 6 based on availability:

1. Lathum/OT/Bama
2. Bowers/TE/Georgia
3. Arnold/CB/Bama
4. Fuaga/OT/Oregon State
5. Murphy/DT/Texas
6. Thomas Jr./WR/LSU

But in the end, I will be happy with our pick, I trust our FO, I know they have done their homework.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:03 AM)pally Wrote: Has Lap given his pick yet?

I was wondering this as well. He seemed to have more "insight" during the Marvin tenure. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 09:58 AM)ChaseThis Wrote: With our track record of drafting OL or even developing OL I absolutely DO NOT want to see us take one in the 1st round. Our starters are set on the line for now. Fix the obvious issues at DT with a stud and move onto the 2nd round.

I'm actually the opposite. Our track record of developing OL later in the draft is abysmal. That's only thing we've proven. So we need to stop trying to turn water into wine and just buy the wine. 

... Which is a good rule for this weekend in general! 

Enjoy the draft y'all 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 10:46 AM)Stewy Wrote: Some of you all are going to lose their shyt when Bowers is there at 18 and we don't take him. ha!

I def will if he goes to another AFCN team. Damn I hope that doesn't happen. We struggle against TE’s. Been a little better lately, but he will destroy this D.
Reply/Quote

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Reply/Quote
And the first round pick is…….Kyle Ostendorp!
Reply/Quote