DALTON
5.48%
4 5.48%
Total 73 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Message Board All-Time Bengal Team (QB)
(06-01-2015, 08:52 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I agree that he is completely vindicated for the way they treated him the first time. But my understanding about the second time was that Boomer chose to leave. Officially, he said it was because he wanted the MNF job to bring attention to his foundation. But I also heard an interview with him shortly after he left ragging on the FO for releasing players. There was one back-up TE he mentioned specifically, but he also said there were others.

I recall it a little different. The FO made an offer, but Boomer refused because he was offered the MNF job.

Quote:  Coslet says he has two main regrets: • Boomer Esiason, in his second tour with the Bengals, came off the bench and turned them into an offensive machine down the stretch in '97. But he retired after the season and took a job with "Monday Night Football". Coslet says he should have pushed harder for Esiason to return. He was 7-28 after Boomer quit. "It was the No. 1 thing that led to my downfall," Coslet said. "It was entirely my fault. I made a mistake when Boomer left of not being forceful enough in insisting that we keep him. Mike in his heart of hearts thought he was doing Boomer a favor letting him take the 'Monday Night' job because it was a career opportunity of a lifetime. I did not think that was in the best interests of the team. The best interests of the team was for him to be our quarterback. It's my fault I didn't fight the battle valiantly enough.

Esiason, let go by ABC after two seasons, said Friday that Brown encouraged him to take the television job and that a more significant contract offer from the Bengals could have kept him playing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/sports/bruce-finally-loose-article-1.886526
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Message Board All-Time Bengal Team (QB) - Shake n Blake - 06-02-2015, 01:37 AM