Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It seems we will be meeting again
(01-05-2016, 03:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No sources needed in this argument, innocent people do not pay off women. Ben is a rapist, I know you know it and so does JS.

Dude, the trial wasn't even about determining guilt.  Even if they hadn't settled, no one would have gone to jail, no matter what the outcome.  The woman in this particular case never pursued the criminal charges that would have held Ben legally accountable.  She merely sued for money.  

In a civil case, you do not need to definitively prove your case; you need only provide judge or jury with enough information to show that your case is likely. As such,it is not unreasonable to think that an innocent person might settle, if he felt that the circumstances might lead to judge or jury believing his accuser.  

Now, let me be clear here, since you have proven to be quick to assumption: I am not saying Ben was innocent.  I continue to say that I have no idea.  I am merely saying that because even innocent people sometimes settle, doing so does not in any way provide proof of guilt.  

That being said, since you are so sure of his guilt, how can you in good conscience continue to follow a league that would allow what you believe to be such a great travesty of justice?  Please address this question.   
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: It seems we will be meeting again - JS-Steelerfan - 01-05-2016, 04:52 PM