Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It seems we will be meeting again
(01-05-2016, 12:44 PM)mroudfly Wrote: Burfict has a target on his back by the referees, which sucks, but its fact. He is going to get more penalties than anyone on that field. Look at the Denver play in which the ref doesn't call anything, looks at the number (55), and then throws the flag.. It is pretty odd to watch..

That being said, Burfict was being very very careful last game with his "hands up" look a ton. If the coaches are smart they will make sure he stays focused and doesn't get involved in the chippy game like 3 weeks ago.

It won't be the coach's fault when he does something ill-advised. No coach has been able to fix his brain, that's why he got benched in college and embarrassed himself throughout the combine. Numerous head injuries later - with the refs focused on him - and he might get the Steelers more first downs than Antonio Brown.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You highlighted it to try and draw attention away from the fact that you have no argument.
Who does that sound like?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol.........  How horrible is your reading comprehension?  I pointed out that you couldn't have been talking about my '05 comment because you said that the excuses are starting early, which starting is present tense, so you couldn't have been referring to my '05 comment.  You highlighted it to try and draw attention away from the fact that you have no argument.

Then, the second part might be an excuse if THE VERY NEXT SENTENCE DIDN'T SAY THAT MCCARON COULD BEAT THE STEELERS!  (That is if Dalton comes back and someone injures him on a cheap shot.)

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I struck a nerve I see. So I am being called a hypocrite by a guy stating he never roots and cheers for Big Jen, Yeah, that is believable. Hilarious

I root for him inasmuch as I root for the Steelers.  I also root for Ben to get his life in order, which by most accounts he has done.  If you rooted for the Bengals while Henry and others were playing for them, you did the same thing, and I do not (and cannot) fault you for it.  But I do fault you for promoting a double standard - hypocrite. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 01:15 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I root for him inasmuch as I root for the Steelers.  I also root for Ben to get his life in order, which by most accounts he has done.  If you rooted for the Bengals while Henry and others were playing for them, you did the same thing, and I do not (and cannot) fault you for it.  But I do fault you for promoting a double standard - hypocrite. 

Rapist Lover with not a bone of moral fiber.........see easy to throw out insults
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 02:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Rapist Lover with not a bone of moral fiber.........see easy to throw out insults

If it's such an injustice to allow a criminal like that to play, why do you continue to avail yourself of the product of the company that allows it to happen?  The problem with your argument is that your big-picture behavior doesn't match what you say you believe.  You're only harping on this because it gives you an excuse to hate the Steelers.  You're not as morally outraged by it as you pretend, because you're still following the NFL, which allows what you say you hate to happen.  In the long run, you're as complicent in this as any Steeler fan.  

The difference between the two of us is that I don't make jokes (or anyone else) about the moral cracks in any team because I know we ALL follow a sport (not just any one team) that is essentially corrupt in many ways.   Nobody has the moral high ground in these arguments as long as we all remain fans of the league.  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 02:33 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: If it's such an injustice to allow a criminal like that to play, why do you continue to avail yourself of the product of the company that allows it to happen?  The problem with your argument is that your big-picture behavior doesn't match what you say you believe.  You're only harping on this because it gives you an excuse to hate the Steelers.  You're not as morally outraged by it as you pretend, because you're still following the NFL, which allows what you say you hate to happen.  In the long run, you're as complicent in this as any Steeler fan.  

The difference between the two of us is that I don't make jokes (or anyone else) about the moral cracks in any team because I know we ALL follow a league that is essentially corrupt in many ways.   Nobody has the moral high ground in these arguments as long as we all remain fans of the league.  

So to recap your book, you admit you have no moral compass and support a rapist............Got it

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:19 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Burfict did the exact same thing Kimo did to Carson as he was pushed by an OL just like Kimo said he was pushed Wink

Burfict didn't wrap his arm around the leg to hold it in place as he rolled it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:23 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Not counting on a Bengals win even with Williams out. They are just not January ready.  It cant be Marvin Lewis. One would think they would win one game in the postseason.

How could it not be Super Marvio when he's the one and only constant?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 02:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So to recap your book, you admit you have no moral compass and support a rapist............Got it

Don't put words in my mouth.  I'm neither trying to defend nor accuse the guy.  I'm pointing out the internal inconsistencies of your so-called logic, which involves hypothetically assuming your allegations to be true. If Ben is a rapist (which neither of us can definitively prove or disprove), you support him too, because you support the league that allows him to continue to play. The competitive nature of sport gives us the illusion that all the teams are separate entities when in fact they are all part of the same corporation and subject to the governing of that corporation. If you were truly outraged, you'd stop following the NFL, just as you apparently think I should stop following the Steelers.  

You continue to act like you have the moral high ground here just because you're loyal to another team.  I got news for you, buddy - if there are any moral atrocities that go unpunished in this league, it is ultimately the league that is looking the other way, not just individual teams.  So if what you allege is true, you're just as guilty for remaining a fan of the sport as I am for remaining a fan of one of its teams.  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:55 PM)6andcounting Wrote: It won't be the coach's fault when he does something ill-advised. No coach has been able to fix his brain, that's why he got benched in college and embarrassed himself throughout the combine. Numerous head injuries later - with the refs focused on him - and he might get the Steelers more first downs than Antonio Brown.

He'll be clean this game, play well and turn back into the beast he was pre-injury going forward. 

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 02:48 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Don't put words in my mouth.  I'm pointing out the internal inconsistencies of your so-called logic, not trying to defend the guy. If Ben is a rapist (which neither of us can definitively prove or disprove), you support him too, because you support the league that allows him to continue to play.  The competitive nature of sport gives us the illusion that all the teams are separate entities when in fact they are all part of the same corporation and subject to the governing of that corporation. If you were truly outraged, you'd stop following the NFL, just as you apparently think I should stop following the Steelers.  

Luvnuts has "sources" man...they "know" things.

Just ask him.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: Luvnuts has "sources" man...they "know" things.

Just ask him.  Cool

No sources needed in this argument, innocent people do not pay off women. Ben is a rapist, I know you know it and so does JS.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No sources needed in this argument, innocent people do not pay off women. Ben is a rapist, I know you know it and so does JS.

You do not "know" anything.  It is your "opinion".

Or do we have to have that dance again?
Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: You do not "know" anything.  It is your "opinion".

Or do we have to have that dance again?
Hilarious

My opinion is all that matter concerning this piece of dog crap

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My opinion is all that matter concerning this piece of dog crap

Just like your "opinion" when you posted (under your name) in the old PnR?  When you admitted you had no fact to support it but you insisted it was the truth?

C'mon now...let's not do this again.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Just like your "opinion" when you posted (under your name) in the old PnR?  When you admitted you had no fact to support it but you insisted it was the truth?

C'mon know...let's not do this again.
I see you agree, I do know and your sub conscience knows it too Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No sources needed in this argument, innocent people do not pay off women. Ben is a rapist, I know you know it and so does JS.

Dude, the trial wasn't even about determining guilt.  Even if they hadn't settled, no one would have gone to jail, no matter what the outcome.  The woman in this particular case never pursued the criminal charges that would have held Ben legally accountable.  She merely sued for money.  

In a civil case, you do not need to definitively prove your case; you need only provide judge or jury with enough information to show that your case is likely. As such,it is not unreasonable to think that an innocent person might settle, if he felt that the circumstances might lead to judge or jury believing his accuser.  

Now, let me be clear here, since you have proven to be quick to assumption: I am not saying Ben was innocent.  I continue to say that I have no idea.  I am merely saying that because even innocent people sometimes settle, doing so does not in any way provide proof of guilt.  

That being said, since you are so sure of his guilt, how can you in good conscience continue to follow a league that would allow what you believe to be such a great travesty of justice?  Please address this question.   
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 11:57 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Of course a bengal fan would say that, because Burfict can dive into Ben's knee after the ball is thrown and you'll still insist it shouldn't have been a penalty.

And every tackle/hit/mere contact with another player done by a Steeler is dirty to you guys, so it's not much a prediction.

I must have missed the part where I absolved Burfict's dumb plays.

Plus, to use an old Steelers' fan adage - he was pushed into the QB's knees.

Sucks to be on the other side of that, don't it?

And are you really going to sit there in your coleslaw crusted underpants and tell me the Steelers don't, as a whole, have the worst habit in the NFL of questionable play?

Of course you are - you've been rubbing coleslaw in your eyes for so long they've been sealed shut to the dirty shit your dirty ass team has been doing for over 40 years
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:56 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I must have missed the part where I absolved Burfict's dumb plays.

Plus, to use an old Steelers' fan adage - he was pushed into the QB's knees.

Sucks to be on the other side of that, don't it?

And are you really going to sit there in your coleslaw crusted underpants and tell me the Steelers don't, as a whole, have the worst habit in the NFL of questionable play?

Of course you are - you've been rubbing coleslaw in your eyes for so long they've been sealed shut to the dirty shit your dirty ass team has been doing for over 40 years
Sucks to be on the other side of what? The Steelers won, Ben is healthy for the playoffs and Burfict is going to get flagged for everything.
Reply/Quote