Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th
(06-02-2015, 12:02 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: While the line always plays a huge role in the run game....2nd string RB Pierce avg 3.9 ypc where as Forsett avg 5.4 behind that same "sick" interior OL.

That's kind of a small sample size to compare to as he ran the ball less than 100 times last year. I'm sure there's also a big difference in how the lead back is utilized compared to how Pierce was used. Just sayin', there's more to it than comparing A to B when they're both on the same team and it wasn't a case of a committee splitting carries. It was clearly one guy backing up the other and spelling him occasionally, which can skew the statistics one way or the other.

How I looked into it was just focusing on Forsett himself and his in depth statistics. For example, he was tied for 3rd in the league in YPC, but tied for 24th in YPC after contact.

He also had a VERY highly rated pair of run blocking guards along with Zuttah doing some work in the run game as well.

I actually find it funny that I try to compliment your team and you seem to be upset that I referred to the Baltimore interior line as "sick". That's a good thing if you weren't sure. Forsett is a fine RB, but a lot of RBs could have done work behind that very talented offensive line. I don't think Forsett is terrible, but I don't think he's amazing on his own. I doubt he'd be gashing defenses behind the Giants interior line.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th - djs7685 - 06-02-2015, 12:22 PM
RE: Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th - #1 Bengal Fan in KS - 09-13-2015, 09:20 PM