Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th
(11-18-2015, 11:41 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Your argument was that they blundered in failing to retain players and made a bad trade with Ngata.

In order for this to be valid, the Ngata trade has to have hurt us and the FA we lost have to have been worth the money.

Considering how well Williams and the line have played, the Ngata argument is rejected.

If we look at the FA's we lost, you might be able to argue in favor of keeping Torrey Smith. However, his production was low and his production has been even lower this year for the Niners. I'm saying it was not a mistake in not paying him. It is unfortunate that our top two receivers are on the IR, but you can't plan for injuries.

Speaking of planning for injuries, we can also reject the argument that it was a mistake not paying McPhee more than our two starters to be a #3. Sure, Suggs is hurt so it would be nice to have him, but he is not as good of a player as Dumervil or Suggs. Anyone who thinks he deserves to be paid more to play behind them is an idiot. 

As Blitz said, you're like Brad in calling for a decline every single year, despite the Ravens being more successful than the Bengals in all of your years making this claim. Hey, they finally had a bad year after years of saying they would!

Unfortunately for your argument, it's not for their inability to pay FAs. If you focused your argument on poor drafting, we could have some common ground. If you said poor coaching, I'd agree too. But at this point, it's like looking at a car without an engine in it and telling me that it won't start because there's no gas in it. Sure, it won't start, but not for the reason you gave. 

I am sorry you are simple. My argument is based on everything from poor handling of contracts post new CBA in 2011, poor drafting and poor trades. Ozzie has hot the tri-fecta since 2011 and to most it is very clear. But you keep hanging on to Ozzie's nuts and look the fool. Hang on to your 10 to 11 win prediction for 2015 and I will hang on to my 7 win prediction which was a bold prediction going against the media so called experts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th - #1 Bengal Fan in KS - 09-13-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th - Luvnit2 - 11-22-2015, 11:35 AM