Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th
(10-19-2015, 12:52 PM)djs7685 Wrote: There's no way it's smart for the Ravens to pay McPhee or Torrey Smith $8 million per season. I don't care whether they're cap strapped or have the most space in the league.

We'll see what actually happens with Flacco's contract in the very near future, it looks to me like a shit load of dead money tied to some huge cap hits over the next 3 years. Unless I'm reading his contract wrong, I don't see how all of that is magically going to disappear like a lot of Ravens fans have been acting as if it will.

The Ravens have been missing in the draft, badly, and they haven't supplemented in FA to make up for it. There's no denying that they aren't looking good right now, but I'm not 100% sure it has much to do with being in "cap hell" as much as it has been very poor decision making in the draft.

This is a team that has been around for about 20 years, and they have multiple Super Bowls and have had what, like 3 bad seasons total? It's very difficult to knock an organization with those credentials, regardless of some poor drafting and a slow start to the season.

I'll never say I understand how the cap works in the NFL, but what I've read (repeatedly) is that what you say is true BUT Flacco would probably renegotiate the contract to save money when that hits.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th - #1 Bengal Fan in KS - 09-13-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th - GMDino - 10-19-2015, 01:02 PM