Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th
(10-19-2015, 11:28 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The one thing I think we can agree on is that Ozzie is having too many misses in the draft. My biggest concern with the team is that I do not believe they value the offense enough and I am not certain Ozzie is that great at judging offensive talent outside of the O line and at the TE position. The Steelers, Bengals, and Browns all understand the need to throw the ball in the NFL in 2015. The Ravens seem hellbent on remaining a "smash-mouth football team". The secondary coaches also seem incapable of grasping how the rules work now and explaining that to their players. They also need to find someone who can actually coach Flacco and get his head out of his ass every other game. They can't keep going from franchise QB to just OK every other week when the defense is giving up the 5th most points in the league.  Trestman clearly isn't NFL material. He needs to go back and coach in the CFL. This running twice and throwing it to a TE or FB 2 yards behind the line scrimmage isn't working in the NFL. With who they have given Flacco, he needs them to run more slant routes. Aiken can't run a post. Then he just needs them to get open.  At the same time, Flacco needs to know his limits. Not everyone is Boldin. Some throws won't work. Some guys won't be physical and that miracle pass turns into a stupid pick. On the defensive side, Pees is awful at play calling. Everyone knows his blitzes. He isn't surprising the offense, so there's no pressure on the QB. A lack o fpressure means the secondary looks even worse. 

They do need more play makers, however IMO the biggest problem stems from Pees. He has been terrible for the last three seasons. A few players don't have trust in him. Ozzie draft strategy has faults......Plodding, big hitting teams are dinosaurs.  Fast, quick offenses and defenses are what is going to win.   Look at Denver's defense right now.  Von Miller and Demarcus Ware pressuring QB's and spending the $$ to get elite CB talent like Aqib Talib.  They get sacks and create turnovers.   Same thing with Seattle's defense the last few years.  Fast and create turnovers.  Ravens defense?   Stout and slow. Starting CB's the last 2 years that we are signing right off the street.    Stop drafting defensive tackles and tight ends on day 2 of the draft.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th - #1 Bengal Fan in KS - 09-13-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th - Bmoreblitz - 10-19-2015, 02:32 PM