Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th
(10-19-2015, 03:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If Perriman is healthy, we could be seeing a completely different thing from the offense, definitely. But I still think Cam Cameron vanilla play calling from Trestman hinders the team too. To be fair, we have the 8th most points scored in the league. That's a pretty incredible number. So, yea, the offense isn't the issue right now... however, there needs to be a mentality change. I'm not saying abandon "defense wins championships". I'm saying that we need to embrace that it's a passer's league. 

To address your points, you're right. They paid for top pass rushing and have a top corner. They make plays on the defense. They also don't seem to make the same mistakes we make and draw flags. 

Thing is, Perriman is extremely raw coming out of college, but a physical freak.  He needed TC and preseason games to get up to speed with the pro game, and without that, I don't expect a lot out of him.  Personally, I think the Ravens reached for him after a run of more polished WR's came off the board and they desperately needed Smith's replacement.  He may pay off in the long haul, but he wasn't a good choice for a team that needed an immediate starter.

(10-19-2015, 03:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The thing with Boldin is that they had to use the money to sign multiple guys on defense. They knew he wouldn't take a pay cut after being so crucial in that playoff run. But they had to fill multiple holes. At least they got a 7th. Better than nothing.  Winning a Super Bowl means above average guys are going to get offers from elsewhere. Bye, Ellerbe and Kruger (and Art Jones a year later). 

They were fortunate, though, that the whole Dumervil thing went down. They ended up using cap space from cutting Boldin to sign him. They also assumed Pitta would be able to step up and be the next Todd Heap... but then that whole knee thing occurred it it looks like he will never play football again. Tough break. 

The Ravens didn't really gain money for the D because they just had to turn around and get another aging WR to replace Boldin.  The D is in bad shape due to them dumping/not retaining guys that can work in their system and a steady stream of early round disappointments like Cody, Kindle, Upshaw, and Elam.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th - #1 Bengal Fan in KS - 09-13-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th - Whatever - 10-19-2015, 08:23 PM