Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th
(10-20-2015, 11:13 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Why do you keep saying "often injured" when he was injured once prior to the contract? Being dishonest doesn't help your point. At the time, he was paid 2nd tier TE money for being a really good TE who had missed the first 12 games of the season due to a training camp injury. It was his FIRST injury. 

As Blitz said, it only looks bad now because he re injured it the next season. At the time, there was no indication that it would be an issue. Your arguments tend to center around Ozzie being able to see into the future and know people will get injured. No one has that ability. 

Also, we already have established that dead money was an issue. In fact, the last time you tried to argue it as all Flacco, Blitz and I pointed out that the dead money was actually a bigger issue. So, congrats on arguing what we already said instead of defending your horrible original argument.

The sum of the Ozzie decisions and poor cap management/bad contracts have triggered the Ravens demise. The Flacco contract was a huge Ozzie gamble and he lost. The guaranteed portions for a player who missed 12 games was a mistake.

In the end, the dead money and in the near future the Flacco contract together are the issue and they are both major foe the short term (dead money) and the long term (Flacco being overpaid so Ozzie had no money for others for longer term deals) are why the Ravens are in and will stay in cap hell for a while. You can call me dumb, you can act like I think I am a GM (I am not), but either are you and Blitz even though you want to act like you are.

I get it. To you and Blitz and Ravens fans Ozzie is a "God" or a wizard, but in reality he is just a man, a GM who was great who is now just average.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th - #1 Bengal Fan in KS - 09-13-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th - Luvnit2 - 10-20-2015, 01:51 PM