Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer wins a playoff game before we do under Lewis
(01-17-2016, 06:02 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Pretty simple to me when I view Palmer tenure in Cincinnati.. A disappointment.. He came in as #1 pick in NFL.. we put some very good weapons around him.. he ended up having a losing record as a starter for Bengals but did take them to playoffs twice where we went 0-2.  Many are critical of Dalton for lack of leadership in his first few years.. well I think Palmer seemed less of a leader than Dalton during his time here.

He went to Oakland and did not have success there either.. I am glad he is having success at Azrizona and hope they make it to the Super Bowl..but in the big picture he has underachieved as the #1 pick of the NFL draft in 2003.  

He took the Raiders to 8-8 his first year there. That's basically the same as winning a Super Bowl for the Patriots. Doing it with Michael Bush as his lead rusher and Heyward-Bey as his leading receiver basically put him into Jesus walking on water territory. Lol

His second year actually wasn't that bad. He put up his best QB Rating at the time since 2007 with a bunch of turds surrounding him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Palmer wins a playoff game before we do under Lewis - TheLeonardLeap - 01-17-2016, 06:10 PM