Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer wins a playoff game before we do under Lewis
(01-25-2016, 03:02 PM)Roland Wrote: I don't pay money to watch business men on Sundays.  Carson Palmer made a commitment to the Bengals, his team mates and his community.  He broke that commitment.  That reflects poorly on his character whether you want to think of it as a business or personal decision.

The notion that the franchise justified Palmer's decision has been disproven by their results since.  They've been to the play-offs ever year since Palmer left and the bulk of the blame for losses in those games has fallen on his replacement.   If you believe that then you have to Palmer would have won one of those.

The truth is that I don't know if the Bengals even make the Playoffs each of those years if Palmer is their quarterback.  It's evident that he doesn't have the mental toughness required to compete in the AFC North year after year.

Couldn't disagree with this more.  If a player stinks he is summarily dismissed and no one cries foul for the player saying "oh my lord, the team signed a contract, they have to hold up their end of the deal or else they have bad character and lack moral fiber!!"

Because you pay to watch these guys that means them exercising the same basic human rights as anyone else makes them a bad person??

You do see the complete and total failure of anything resembling sound logic in that thought process right??

Lacks the mental toughness to compete in the Afc north??  I'm proud of our division too but srsly,  the NFC west has produced the last three NFC reps in the Superbowl and should have won the last two if not for Pete Carroll being an idiot

And only Palmer blowing out his knee last year even opened the door for that seahawk team to win the division last year!!

I'm telling, the fantastical irrationality and full on hypocrisy bengal fans must employ in order to justify hating Palmer and to try and continue believing that he's a bad player when he clearly is a very good one is off the charts!!!

Pure unfiltered nonsensical garbage.  It really is.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Palmer wins a playoff game before we do under Lewis - Savagehenry54 - 01-26-2016, 02:22 PM