Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer wins a playoff game before we do under Lewis
(01-26-2016, 02:22 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Couldn't disagree with this more.  If a player stinks he is summarily dismissed and no one cries foul for the player saying "oh my lord, the team signed a contract, they have to hold up their end of the deal or else they have bad character and lack moral fiber!!"

Because you pay to watch these guys that means them exercising the same basic human rights as anyone else makes them a bad person??

You do see the complete and total failure of anything resembling sound logic in that thought process right??

I see that you don't understand how sports contracts work.

The team is not breaking their commitment when they cut a player.  Sports contracts are written to give the team the exclusive right to terminate the contract.  Those are the terms.  Players accept those terms because they're paid a lot of money to make a multi-year commitment.  If they want, they can negotiate for guaranteed money and when the Bengals make that commitment they keep it.

Quote:Lacks the mental toughness to compete in the Afc north??  I'm proud of our division too but srsly,  the NFC west has produced the last three NFC reps in the Superbowl and should have won the last two if not for Pete Carroll being an idiot

And only Palmer blowing out his knee last year even opened the door for that seahawk team to win the division last year!!

No division has produced as many playoff teams as the AFC North in recent years.  I'm sure Carson will be more comfortable in a place where he doesn't have to contend with four division games against play-off level competition year in and year out.   As recently as 2011 the Seahawks won the NFC West with a losing record.

Quote:I'm telling, the fantastical irrationality and full on hypocrisy bengal fans must employ in order to justify hating Palmer and to try and continue believing that he's a bad player when he clearly is a very good one is off the charts!!!

Pure unfiltered nonsensical garbage.  It really is

You talk about logic and rationality but you really don't seem to have a grasp of either.    If you don't care about the commitment, integrity, or resilience of the guy who is supposed to be leading your team that's your prerogative.  But those are attributes that important to a great quarterback and Carson Palmer demonstrated that he is lacking in those areas.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Palmer wins a playoff game before we do under Lewis - Roland - 01-28-2016, 06:17 AM