Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer wins a playoff game before we do under Lewis
(01-26-2016, 02:01 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Carson is Carson.  When he's good, he's really good.  When he's bad, he  As far as I can tell, he's healthy.  But that playoff loss was probably the worst I have ever seen him play.  And, I've seen him play a lot, for us, the Raiders and AZ.

I don't think he would have been better (maybe worse) than Andy has been for us.  Matter of fact, I feel better with Andy as our QB as I ever did having Carson.

Don't know how the stealers entered into this conversation.  They are riding on a QB that acts tough, but seems to spend significant amounts of time injured.  Then there are all those "fake" injuries that he always seems to milk.

None of that matters.  I'm glad we have AD (and McCarron, for that matter).

From what Carson has said, it was a monumental fight between him and Mike Brown.  Not sure what the topic was, or who was to blame.  But, as there things go, at least recently with the Bengals, there's a feeling that if cooler heads prevailed, the differences could have been overcome.  Ask TJ how he feels about leaving the Bengals.

Anyway, Carson jumped from a stable franchise into that mess in Oakland as a preferable move.  Stupid move, actually.  For what it's worth, I have never seen him play a worse game (ar any QB's worse game) than he played last weekend.

Well said.

I don't think it was a smart move fr him to "retire" the way he did, but I never took it personal either.  If he was the only Bengal to ever try that then I would be harder on him, but back then the Bengals were like that guy you knew who had been divorced four times.  When his fifth wife files you start to suspect he might be part of the problem.

Carson was a very good QB.  When he was on he was as much fun to watch as any QB in the league.  His arm was ridiculous.  But he was inconsistent, and when the talent dropped around him he started to force a lot more throws and make a lot more mistakes.  His arm still looks strong and if he stays healthy he will probably be back in the playoffs next year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Palmer wins a playoff game before we do under Lewis - fredtoast - 01-28-2016, 01:23 PM