Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rule 14 Section 1 Article 3 Exception 1
(01-22-2016, 07:15 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: And he could have flagged Gillberry for bumping Porter before that. 

At that point Im sure the refs aren't looking to throw flags and their thinking is to just get everyone separated, and then Jones runs into the official. 

All of these fines that are deemed to be admissions of missed penalties (rightly so) are going back after the fact and looking at everything that happened in a matter of seconds on the field and then sorting it out. I think from the NFL's perspective though they are to curtail any further shennanigans. 

Anyways, the point of this thread is that the Bengals weren't robbed because the Jones/Porter penalties should have washed out if they didn't miss a penalty on Porter. Admittedly it can get murky if he was indeed fined for being on the field and then your earlier scenario comes into play. But the NFL never stated specifically what his fine is for and honestly it isn't obvious as it could have just as easily been for his verbal jousting with Burfict. 

If the NFL comes out (or did and I missed it) and says he was fined for being out there, then I'll admit to the murkiness of the situation. 

The most "official" statement that I could find from the NFL is this video on NFL.com that says that he was fined for "instagating" which really could be either of the two. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000623166/article/adam-jones-fined-29k-steelers-porter-fined-10k

Stop it right now. Mellow

It's pretty clear if he was fined for "instigating", then the league feels he was in the wrong to be out there doing what he was. 

I don't feel they were robbed. Any robbery claim can always go back to a player keeping their head and playing smarter. 

And again i'll point out that if the ref throws the flag for unsportsmanlike, there is a high probability there is no Pacman foul. 

Regardless, this has all run it's course for me. I'm more than happy to put it to bed. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rule 14 Section 1 Article 3 Exception 1 - rfaulk34 - 01-22-2016, 09:00 PM