Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rule 14 Section 1 Article 3 Exception 1
(01-22-2016, 04:52 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Eh....kinda.
If you read the rules Porter was actually allowed to be out there. The refs are allowed give permission to a coach and it's often a courtesy that they extend. It's not common, but coaches have gone to the injured players side in that situation before.

I will give you that they should have been aware of Porter being a firecracker and made him leave. They dropped the ball on that one. And likewise they probably should have recognized the potential volatility regardless of Porters presence and made the 5 Bengals who were mulling around the injured Brown move as well. 

I disagree that they let him out there, otherwise he wouldn't have been fined.

As others have said, the league gave him a fine for being out there illegally and it not being caught.

Shit happens and the refs are only human, so it's hard to fault them 100%. Given the way the last game had gone, they should've had a new crew with instructions to flag everything anyways. If I recall, the head referee was the one who shit the bed last month as well.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rule 14 Section 1 Article 3 Exception 1 - BigPapaKain - 01-22-2016, 11:21 PM