Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis Extension Still Leaves A Bad Taste In My Mouth
(06-05-2015, 10:13 AM)Ben Richards Wrote: This 'playoff hump' you speak of is not a tangible thing.  Take a look at teams that swap out coaches every 2-3 years.  They are the bottom feeders of the league.  CLE, WAS, OAK, JAX, TEN, etc

Watch how quickly SF falls after firing Harbaugh for that idiot Tomsula.  Look at how terrible CHI is after firing Lovie after a 10 win season. Stability breeds W's.  Look at the other team in our division... the one with fat idiot fans that join a Bengals message board.  They have had 3 coaches in 20+ years.  Not all of those seasons were winners.  

....but that's an apples to oranges comparison.....those teams have been swapping coaches for years (except TEN, who had Jeff Fischer forever).  The teams I showed you were perennial playoff contenders that couldn't get that elusive victory, then went on to win the Super Bowl.....almost identical scenario as what we have here.

Saints let Jim Mora go....took a while....but they won it all.

Colts let Jim Mora go, bring in Dungy, win it all.

Bucs let Dungy go, bring in Gruden, win it all.

We're not talking about shitty franchises here, we're talking about perennial playoff losers that went out on a limb and got out of the comfort zone to go on to better things....

EDIT: ....and it's important to note that those coaches' tenures coincided with big turnarounds for those downtrodden franchises. The Bucs were turning a corner with recent drafts under Sam Wyche, but the Colts and Saints were both TERRIBLE before Mora showed up. Some coaches are good at rebuilding things, but can't raise the bar beyond that.....I think that's where Marvin is.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis Extension Still Leaves A Bad Taste In My Mouth - Wyche'sWarrior - 06-05-2015, 11:17 AM