Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarthy 'fed up' w/ Packers FA approach
(01-25-2016, 04:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: "Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, one of the most plugged-in NFL reporters in the country, reported over the weekend that McCarthy is "fed up" with Thompson's conservative approach to free agency.

"According to several sources, McCarthy is fed up with his boss' unwillingness to take a chance and reinforce the roster with veteran players that might be unknown to the Packers but have the talent to contribute," McGinn wrote in a column that lambasted both the GM and coach for a lost season."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000628115/article/mccarthy-fed-up-with-packers-freeagency-approach

The reason I am posting this in the Front Office sub-forum of Jungle Noise is because many fans have had the same complaints with the Bengals FA approach too. While the Bengals have had good consistent success following the same approach as the Packers do, they have still plateaued.

Is the Bengals FO feeling the same heat that the Packers FO is feeling to "win now"? Do they do anything at all to change their approach?

What would the Bengals have/need to do in FA to take that next step? Any players specifically that they should try to sign?

Hard to say what we need in free agency till we see who of our own we resign.

LB Depth with Vontaze out and V Rey testing the market again(i think) a vet LB would help

Center If we can improve this position the line will be wall

Kicker Nugent can definately be upgraded hard cause love having them local boys on the squad

CB/S depends on who departs and who we keep this probly gets addressed in the draft unless we lose more than 1 starter next man up

RB I say this just because soon Gio and Hill will need contracts and i dont think we pay both

TE Maybe not high on the priority list with Eifert Hewitt and Kroft looking well

But someone to compete for the back end spot and give us a better option if Eifert is hurt again

DT Geno and Sims played well we have some young guys waiting but with still gone and thompson at contract time a replacedment upgrade could be needed

Backup QB if we trade AJ

Also import some cheerleaders from dallas.

WR if we could snag a viable #2 for next season with the possibility of Sanu jones or both leaving.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: McCarthy 'fed up' w/ Packers FA approach - XenoMorph - 01-25-2016, 05:42 PM