Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something You'll Never See In Cincinnati...EVER!
(02-04-2016, 05:03 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Why would you totally scrap a formula that gets you into the playoffs that often? It's not like they totally suck ass. I, like most others, don't think Marv can get us a SB win, but it's also not like we plug another head coach in we're automatically going to get to the SB.  Do you?

Totally discrediting how hard it is to win a - or even get to a SB - really is. 

Why would i want to keep trying a formula that has produced 7 first round playoff losses and zero playoff wins in 13 years? Where's the line? 8? 10? 15?

How many other NFL teams in history have kept a coach that was 0-7 in 13 years, then went on to win in the playoffs?

Answer: Zero

Marty Schottenheimer is the only coach with a worse - than Lewis. He's at -8, but he at least has 5 playoff wins. 

Marv stands alone in playoff futility. Of coaches with zero playoff wins, only Mora is close (0-6). But he did it with 2 teams. Next are Buddy Ryan and Allie Sherman at 0-3.

If people are happy winning enough to make the playoffs and bowing out in the first round every time, fine. I'm not.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something You'll Never See In Cincinnati...EVER! - rfaulk34 - 02-05-2016, 01:09 AM