Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something You'll Never See In Cincinnati...EVER!
(02-05-2016, 01:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Look. If you're okay with 0-7, then I think it's safe to say you'll be okay with 0-9, 0-12, 0-15, etc. There is no point where you'll think losing in the playoffs trumps winning in the regular season. Therefore, you are content/satisfied with the results. You approve of the job Marvin is doing, otherwise you'd want him to be replaced. Since you don't want him replaced, the only logical conclusion is that you're satisfied with the results, which include losing in the playoffs.

I'm a bit of two minds on this. If we were to let go of someone like Marvin Lewis, then we'd have to find someone better to replace him with or the exercise would backfire. That's the long and short of it.

I'm not sure who that would be. It's too late for Zimmer or Hue Jackson and I'm far from sold on anyone else on the staff.

It's sorta like what to do with Andy Dalton after the 2014 Cleveland game or after the 2013 playoff meltdown he had. There just wasn't a better QB available to the team who you could expect to come in and lead the team better. So, the option chosen was to work with him to get him to improve. This paid off in 2015 when he played his best football. Over his first four years he was really a borderline franchise QB. It took 5 years to get him to really be "the guy".

Now, I have seen improvement in Lewis over the past year. Specifically, I've seen an improvement with in-game adjustments and better game planning overall. Sure there were occasions where that didn't work out too well, like in Houston this year. But overall there was improvement over previous years.

It's too bad that it's taken so many years to get Marvin and the team and owner Mike Brown to the point where they are putting a good product on the field. But there has been significant improvement since Marv took over, even as gradual as it was.

I still haven't forgiven Mike Brown completely for the debacle the Bengals became once he took over ownership, but some day I probably will. It'll take a SB appearance to make that happen most likely.

But the question remains, if Marvin Lewis is to go, then who is going to be the guy we are certain is going to do a better job? To make a change for the sake of change isn't going to work. You have to change to "something else" and that something else needs to be an improvement, otherwise it's just a step back one is inflicting on oneself.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something You'll Never See In Cincinnati...EVER! - BengalChris - 02-05-2016, 02:09 PM