Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something You'll Never See In Cincinnati...EVER!
(02-05-2016, 01:09 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So
Why would i want to keep trying a formula that has produced 7 first round playoff losses and zero playoff wins in 13 years? Where's the line? 8? 10? 15?

How many other NFL teams in history have kept a coach that was 0-7 in 13 years, then went on to win in the playoffs?

Answer: Zero

Marty Schottenheimer is the only coach with a worse - than Lewis. He's at -8, but he at least has 5 playoff wins. 

Marv stands alone in playoff futility. Of coaches with zero playoff wins, only Mora is close (0-6). But he did it with 2 teams. Next are Buddy Ryan and Allie Sherman at 0-3.

If people are happy winning enough to make the playoffs and bowing out in the first round every time, fine. I'm not.

Sorry for delayed response. Look, we are al angry at this. Read thru my comments and you'll see I'm not the biggest Marv fan. 

All I'm saying is changing a HC doesn't = a guaranteed shot at winning in the playoffs, neither does keeping Marv so that puts you at a crossroads. 

Blow it up (staff, various players, etc) and hope for best...

Or you stick to what you know. obviously this hasn't worked out, but I do understand why stick to it. I would also understand why they would fire him.

Doesn't mean either is wrong.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something You'll Never See In Cincinnati...EVER! - Hoofhearted - 02-06-2016, 12:53 PM