Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
5 Players That Could Follow Hue to Cleveland
(02-03-2016, 01:55 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: CincyJungle lists five players that could follow Hue Jackson to Cleveland.

After McCarron just took Hue to the playoffs and was a fumble and a bogus penalty away from winning our first playoff game in 25 years, you have to think that he'd give up a lot and feel comfortable with AJ running his team on offense.  

The Browns also have the second and thirty-second picks in the draft, and I doubt they'd give up the second pick, but the thirty-second seems like a definite possibility.  

Dalton's injury may turn out to have been at a perfect time because he proved that he's good enough to take us to the next level (you can argue he still needs to do it in the playoffs, but he was on another level this season), so we wouldn't need AJ, but AJ proved that he's good enough to be a winner in the NFL.

If we can get them to pull the trigger, I think it's a definite must to make the trade.

I'd be happy if Sanu took Jones place on this list, and Jones is valuable, so I think that we need to give him a good chunk of money because teams won't see/care that a big reason he was so productive was because he had AJ on the other side.  Marvin was a hell of a #2, though, so I hope that we can keep him.

Pretty sure that we're done with the headache that is/was Andre Smith.  It's a shame because I always liked him, but it might be time to move on, especially since we have two young tackles waiting in the wings.

I think, with his age, it's time to move on.  We have Iloka and Wiliams in waiting, plus I think Derron Smith could be a sleeper ball hawk, not to mention that Josh Shaw could probably play safety, and we could also use a draft pick on one.

Dear God, please let him be gone.

It would have to be a really nice pick for us to part with McCarron as we'd then have to draft and train his replacement. We know what we have in McCarron and the QBs in the draft are much less certain.

Looks to me like we can expect some decent compensatory picks in 2017.

I expect that we'll either sign Iloka to a long term deal or tag him, but Nelson, Marvin Jones, Adam Jones and even Andre Smith could all sign for enough to bring decent compensatory picks.

Sanu as a #2 WR is unexciting. Reminds me of 2014 all over again as we'd be one dinged up AJ Green from Sanu being the #1 guy. I expect we'll draft a decent WR or two in this draft regardless.

I'd almost pay someone to take Tate off our hands so that we have to draft a decent return guy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5 Players That Could Follow Hue to Cleveland - BengalChris - 02-03-2016, 05:29 PM