Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year!
(02-13-2016, 08:22 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Thats fine and dandy. Im just saying if we lose Jones. We should aim a little higher than a replacement nearing the end of his career who was never anything but mediocre and is coming off multiple injuries. 

Gotta say it caught me by surprise when Hobson snuck it in to one of his recent articles that James Wright is coming off micro fracture surgery. That destroyed any kind of expectations i had for him.

Hopefully Alford and/or Kumerow give us something , anything.

We all have a maximum value at our jobs, that is reality. Jones value is somewhere between a number on receiver and a solid number 2, not a #1 as he has not come class to putting up number one numbers. I like him, I think most on here like him, but the question is what is his true value? The Bengals recent success has been great drafting and determining the right value for players whose contract is up. I see him for us no more than 4.5 million a year for 3 or 4 years, but other teams may think 6 to 7 million. That is the dilemma for our FO to face and likely they would pass if someone offers him 2 million a year (2 players) more than they have him valued.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year! - Luvnit2 - 02-14-2016, 02:04 PM