Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
more CLEAN funny pictures and jokes
(08-24-2016, 11:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not funny, or even sure if it is even remotely true, but surely impressive if it is.

Sort of true but very exaggerated meme. Still impressive.

Someone else can check since I am just going off memory and I don't feel the need to fact check myself.

It was in the news when it was a current event which was around 10 or 15 years ago. Based on that I would assume you can just do an internet search on his name and find results. Of course I am assuming here someone at least got his name right.

It wasn't his whole village that was powered by that one windmill, just some electronics in his house. I think he later built more windmills for electricity (I don't know about the pump) and maybe even got a hold of solar panels (i may be mixing this story with another when it comes to the solar aspect) which could have powered a small village but that meme seems to intentionally lead one to believe the one windmill did it all.

If I recall, it wasn't entirely made from junk but the metal was from "junk".

He wasn't entirely self educated but the library visits were because his family couldn't afford to keep him in school. I think he was close to finishing the equivalent to high school. Again a matter of what is implied, I think the meme is implying he was completely self educated.

But as I said, still impressive. Just by reading library books.

And the original title of the jokes thread that got locked on the old board was something about funny AND inspirational so it fits that theme. The thread most remember from there was the third incarnation by Zona and in that one people finally stopped posting inappropriate pictures.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: more CLEAN funny pictures and jokes - Penn - 08-25-2016, 12:16 AM
The Old Italian Tomato Garden - BFritz21 - 02-20-2019, 04:49 PM