Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adolphus Washington - good fit for Bengals?
(06-11-2015, 10:44 AM)ochocincos Wrote: So you are in the boat of having him bulk up and become a starting NT for the Bengals.

Given the fact he's being put at UT this season for Ohio St, I don't see him trying to add much more weight beyond possibly hitting 300. And because of that, I think that if a team drafts him to become a NT will need to give him a year to bulk up and be a situational interior pass rusher as a rookie.

Can (or should) the Bengals afford to draft Washington with a likely high-round draft pick and groom him for a year with both Sims and Peko hitting FA next offseason? Would people be satisfied with possibly one of those two being re-signed and being the starter for 2016 while Washington is prepped?

IMO Washington will not go any higher than the 2nd. I personally think he will go in the 3rd. His stats are going to drop this year because he will be the only interior threat. I could see him playing the NT role in this defense around the 310 lb mark.

If he did have to take a year to bulk up more than that, I would be perfectly fine extending Sims another year or two. He is a solid run stuffer that would be cheap. I just can't justify another year of Peko... personally I would cut him now and use the money to extend AJ now, instead of waiting.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adolphus Washington - good fit for Bengals? - c12schleyer - 06-11-2015, 11:20 AM