Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals, Lafell closing in on deal
(03-26-2016, 10:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm pretty sure we'd all love for them to shine. Whoever helps the team, it doesn't matter to me. That said, there's reasons why they went where they went. Going into the season relying on those 2 would be foolish and I'm sure we won't.

Consider Armon Binns.  There was talks of the staff liking him a lot, and more about him came out pre draft.  I believe that was the year they actually drafted Sanu and Jones.  Either way, I'm sure that the two young WR's have potential but you're right in the fact that you don't plan around them reaching that potential.  I don't comprehend how having that stance means you automatically doubt the player, but yea it happens.  I'm not calling either one Binns, that example was just the timing of the staff talking about them. That way if they have to depend on them it helps possibly ease the blow from the media/fans and doesn't make them look desperate to an aging vet FA trying to peddle more money out of them post draft. I want a vet and a rookie with more upside than those two on the roster next year.  If they beat out the other rookie so be it, but you have to have at least one vet if both of them still have holes in their game that keeps them on the bench. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals, Lafell closing in on deal - phil413 - 03-27-2016, 01:39 AM