Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I dont want a WR in the first round
Lets add in that it is a passing NFL.  More and more rules against the defense on hard hits is only going to make it more and more of a passing NFL. You better be putting points on the board....We have seen when Steelers and Big Ben have a whole bunch of HEALTHY receivers, it turns into a basketball score. The Bengals best years, even the Super Bowls were when we had a stable of top receivers......Now, the opposite approach and thinking we can get by with Baby Hawk, or maybe now move Burkhead to WR, or suddenly Tate is Great, or receivers we have had in those 4 win seasons that no other team wanted, it doesn't work. ....There is passing in the NFL.  More now than ever due to rule changes. The idea that we can replace Jones and Sanu with Tate and Burkhead doesn't cut it in the NFL.  ......Does anybody deny that it is a passing NFL ?......Does anybody deny that Jones and Sanu had talent ?.......Well then, we better get a good draft pick in here. The Bengals already said after losing these two that their replacements would mostly have to come from the draft. Now the problem with that is, all the scouting reports say the WR talent pool isn't very deep.  After you get past round 1, there really aren't NFL type receivers out there in 2016.  So if we don't take WR in round 1, the receivers in other rounds aren't worth drafting, not this year. That is the problem for a team that has already said they need to replace Jones and Sanu in the draft. .....It is a passing NFL, and you better have top notch WR's, and right now the Bengals don't have enough. The draft could fix that......I also agree with the poster who said Dalton is only as good as the talent you surround him with. He is not an elite QB, but given the right talent, he can win games. ....I see Dalton as not an Otto Graham or Peyton Manning, but as a Bart Starr or Len Dawson type arm that if given enough talented players can win. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I dont want a WR in the first round - kevin - 04-27-2016, 05:55 PM