Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I dont want a WR in the first round
(04-27-2016, 07:56 PM)Benton Wrote: We've got question marks there, but it's not our biggest area of need. Tate would be our third receiver but our fourth option. Maybe even the fifth or sixth depending on Super Mario, the draft and any free agents that might come about. Honestly, a draft pick is going to be behind Lafell, and likely only getting 10-15% of the targets.
I dont know how you can say that. As of now we have a bottom teir WR depth chart in the NFL. It is by far our biggest need.

Over 50% of our offense is 3 WR sets.

LaFell was cut. And from what i saw had no other suitors. In a market that saw Sanu get paid a shitload. And he is coming off of an injury plagued year. He gets injured again and Tate becomes the #2.

A good WR could easily take over for Lafell as the #2. And will be playing over 50% of the snaps even if he doesnt.

LaFell is a one year rental. And the depth of the WR class is horrid. We get one of the top guys and we make life a lot easier for the whole team. We wait and get some of the later round guys and we will be spending more picks to address the issue again next year. LaFell had a couple years with Cam Newton as his #1 WR if I'm not mistaken. And that led to them letting him walk and drafting two early WRs.

For every late round hit like Marvin Jones their is a boatload of Desmon Briscoes, Ryan Whalens, Cobi Hamiltons, etc...

Its not the end of the world if we dont go WR in 1. But ignoring WR in the 1st 2nd and 3rd could be a big problem.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I dont want a WR in the first round - NATI BENGALS - 04-27-2016, 08:24 PM