Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiders want to move to Las Vegas
(04-29-2016, 04:48 PM)Benton Wrote: Mellow

I'm starting to think the city of St. Louis killed someone you loved or got the promotion you put in for. This is borderline silly.

Yes, if the city had just done everything Kroenke mandated, he wouldn't have been able to break the lease. He asked for renovations the city couldn't afford, and he left. He knew what he was doing. They did try to come up with a billion dollar stadium to get him to stay, but he didn't. Why? That wasn't what Kroenke wanted because it was in Missouri. As I understand it, he's going to spend three times that, almost entirely of his own money.

The Rams leaving STL had nothing to do with STL. Kroenke has a vision of what he wants, and the money to do it. There's nothing wrong with that. It's pretty freaking awesome in this day and age of hedge fund managers who try to force cities into spending millions to build new arenas or stadiums with public money. And there's nothing wrong with him taking the Rams to LA. He's paid for them, I don't care if he puts them in pink leotards and moves the team to Australia.

But the assumption that it was STL's fault because they wouldn't spend nearly a billion dollars of taxpayer money without any say is absurd.

Not sure why you think this is an anti St. Louis position.   The city is fine, I have zero issue with them.    I do have a problem with people who don't follow through on signed agreements.    They promised to keep the stadium in the top 3 or 5.   They proposed their version of improvements because of the Rams accepted them they would basically let the city cheat the lease agreement.   I hope Kroenke still buys Rams park for a dollar next year.  

And if the city cared why would they let the field get to the state where fires break out?   
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raiders want to move to Las Vegas - StLucieBengal - 04-29-2016, 04:58 PM