Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiders want to move to Las Vegas
(04-29-2016, 04:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not sure why you think this is an anti St. Louis position.   The city is fine, I have zero issue with them.    I do have a problem with people who don't follow through on signed agreements.    They promised to keep the stadium in the top 3 or 5.   They proposed their version of improvements because of the Rams accepted them they would basically let the city cheat the lease agreement.   I hope Kroenke still buys Rams park for a dollar next year.  

And if the city cared why would they let the field get to the state where fires break out?   

To the bold, mainly because every time this issue has come up, you've said the city doesn't deserve an NFL team, as if its residents are a bunch of sports hating morons who tar and feather coaches. The truth is, the city and area supported the team. The team just quit being any good. When you're picking in the top 10 a lot, your fan base is going to shrink.

As far as the agreement, it was top 10, and that was an incredibly dumb agreement that should have included some kind of reciprocation — like fielding a team in the top 10. Hell, the top 20. But even that aside, the city was trying to make renovations, the Rams wanted no part in it. The city even proposed an alternative stadium. Again, the Rams wanted no part.

And that's ok, it's his team. Like I said, I think it was a good move for them. But to say STL didn't try and doesn't deserve a team is either ignorant or dishonest.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raiders want to move to Las Vegas - Benton - 04-29-2016, 06:00 PM