Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals need to move on from Jeremy Hill
(09-20-2016, 09:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Is the OL good? No. Is the OL as bad as Hill's performance the last two years? No.

This is the exact same OL that Giovani Bernard has ran behind and gotten 4.7 YPC the last two years is the one Hill has gotten 3.5 YPC behind. Something's wrong with Hill, be it a change in style, a fluke stretch in 2014, some kind of undisclosed injury, or something.

You saying it's not the RB, it's the OL make it sound just like the Colts when they first got Trent Richardson. "It's not his fault he's running for 2.9 YPC! The OL sucks!" meanwhile Donald Brown was running behind the same OL that year for 5.3 YPC.

As I said in my first post, I am not saying cut Hill. I am saying massively adjust expectations and change his role into something more realistic, like a short yardage and goal line back.

In 2013, Gio failed to reach 4 ypc 7 different times, and averaged 2.5 or less in each of the last 3 games.

In 2014, Gio averaged 3.5 ypc or less 8 times in just 13 games, including 2.8 ypc or less 5 times!

In 2015, his best year, he still averaged 3 ypc or less in 4 of his last 7 games.

I'm not making this a Jeremy vs Gio thing, I'm a big fan of both. I'm just saying that the O-line, in my opinion, deserves their fair share of the blame as well.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals need to move on from Jeremy Hill - Bengalholic - 09-20-2016, 09:42 PM