Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals need to move on from Jeremy Hill
(09-21-2016, 07:38 AM)Wyche Wrote: One thing I think we're overlooking here.....Gio is a MUCH shiftier back.  That's highly advantageous behind a porous offensive line.  Ask Barry Sanders.  Also...silly as this may sound....his stature affords him the ability to get "lost in traffic".  Hill is a bigger target.  Something to ponder.....it's kind of like when we had Palmer the statue and didn't address problems with o line.  You can't have a downhill runner if you can't open holes.  That said....Jeremy misses his share of them when they are there.

I agree with this.  I know this is subjective, but I also think Gio just "looks" better on the field.  He has much more energy and enthusiasm, he is significantly better at picking up the rush.  I've thought ever since last year that Hill has lost the moxie from his rookie year.  Whatever it was, he no longer possesses it.

Yes, the offensive line sucks and are certainly not making his job any easier.  That said, you cannot feed the ball to a guy who consistently runs into the line and goes down at the first sign of contact.  Gio is better running the ball and catching it out of the backfield.  Deciding who spends more time on the field should be an easy decision.

Funny thing... remember all the posts leading up to last season about how Hill was going to average over 5 ypc, lead the league in rushing, and almost single handedly lead the team to a Super Bowl?  Dude fell off fast.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals need to move on from Jeremy Hill - OrlandoBengal - 09-21-2016, 11:04 AM