Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals need to move on from Jeremy Hill
(09-21-2016, 04:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agree with this. Also, YPC be damned, Gio hasn't looked good running the ball to me either. He's broke a couple 10+ yard gains that really boosted his YPC due to his tiny sample size thus far, but he's getting stuffed at the line a lot as well.

I get that some people aren't sold on Hill (putting it nicely), but I think it looks foolish to use these 2 games as evidence against him when we clearly have a severe issue with the line right now.

All that said, I wouldn't mind making Gio the primary back for awhile, because (a) he's better at making something out of nothing and (b) it could give even more evidence that the line is the main problem.

To me, Hill's problems go back to last year.  I would love to be proven wrong, but firmly believe 2014 was an anomaly.

The line has been terrible these past two weeks, no question about it.  Agree that Gio is better at "making something out of nothing", but also think he is a major upgrade in the screen game.  If they can't run the ball, some screens are almost as good.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals need to move on from Jeremy Hill - OrlandoBengal - 09-21-2016, 04:32 PM