Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals need to move on from Jeremy Hill
(09-22-2016, 03:48 PM)3wt Wrote: I thought Hill looked good in the Jets game.  Gio looks better I think because he is able to hit the hole quicker.  Hill's biggest problem is when he starts jumping around trying to make something of nothing...  which is not a huge problem if there is actually a hole there.

I think they need to use him with a fullback.  He needs someone to help open something up so he doesn't get stuffed at the LOS.  And the best way to use Gio is as a receiver or a third down back.  You get either of these guys moving in space and they're going to do some damage.   I also would like to leave him in the game more than one down at a time and go up tempo.   Between gashing up the middle and play action and keeping the defense from subbing I think we'd get a rhythm going and do some damage.   I'd like to see them script entire sequences for no huddle drives that would wear teams out.

If we could ever get the interior line to start playing as a cohesive unit there's a lot we could do.

I think getting Hill some sustained drives would help him get his moxie back.  But we pull him whether he made yardage or not.

I really don't get how he looked good in the Jets game.  He had nine rushes for 31 yards, and about 12 of them came on one play.  He looked pretty good on the touchdown, but otherwise I thought he looked terrible.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals need to move on from Jeremy Hill - OrlandoBengal - 09-22-2016, 03:53 PM