Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gil Brandt ranks the "Super Bowl-less" teams
(07-11-2015, 09:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed.  I look at the state of the franchises that Kurt Warner (forever my favorite NFL QB) took over...ownership, history, talent, etc.  Kurt Warner took the opportunity he had to make the team he was playing for better.  He took the two worst NFL franchises to Super Bowls and won one of them. 

THAT is a man.  A leader.  Palmer is neither of those things. 

I'm not saying Palmer is up to Warner standards, but both of them were acquired by AZ for next to nothing and took over for under-performing younger QBs (Lienart and Kolb).  The Cardinals were 5-11 the year before each showed up and they helped turn things around (Palmer helped turned the Cardinals around faster, but Bruce Arains deserves a lot of credit).

Also, the whole argument of Palmer not being a leader is pretty much Bengals fans versus Cardinals players, so consider the source on that one.  Anyways, if you wanted to distance Warner from Palmer pointing out their Cardinals tenures doesn't seem like the way to do it. Again, you don't have to like Palmer, but your arguments against him are emotionally driven and biased yet presented as factual.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gil Brandt ranks the "Super Bowl-less" teams - Nately120 - 07-11-2015, 12:18 PM