Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enquirer End of Year awards
(01-09-2017, 10:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don't care for the Adam Jones trash can stunt. If his humor is better then his play? He might be on the wrong stage.

TP had his 2 worst games against Pacman. Not really happy with Jones right now, but he did back up his talk against TP.

Have to disagree with bfine. "Rookie" or not, Ogaboo was easily the biggest disappointment of 2016. It's typical for young tackles to struggle. It's not typical for them to be the worst rated tackle in football, give up the most sacks and pressures, get put into a rotation because he's so bad, then get fully benched, then give up 2 more sacks at his "natural" position before mercifully going to IR. Og wasn't just disappointing, he was a nightmare that almost single handedly sank the season.

I agree with AJ for MVP. He was on pace for 1700+ yards when he went down, and just looked like he'd reached a new level this year. That said, I don't see why anyone would feel like Dalton didn't deserve OPOY or honorable mention for MVP. Without Andy's steady hand, this season would've easily been worse than 6-9-1. Over the last 6 games (with no AJ or Gio, partially with no Eifert, and with Hill averaging around 2.5 YPC), Dalton led the team to a 3-3 finish with a 92.9 passer rating.

His supporting cast over that stretch was one of the worst in football, yet there was no drop off. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Enquirer End of Year awards - jowczarski - 01-09-2017, 08:50 PM
RE: Enquirer End of Year awards - bfine32 - 01-09-2017, 10:14 PM
RE: Enquirer End of Year awards - bfine32 - 01-09-2017, 10:27 PM
RE: Enquirer End of Year awards - magikod - 01-10-2017, 01:22 AM
RE: Enquirer End of Year awards - jason - 01-10-2017, 10:48 AM
RE: Enquirer End of Year awards - Shake n Blake - 01-10-2017, 03:06 PM