Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars VII The Force Awakens
(12-20-2015, 03:27 AM)Bryan Wrote: I may get flack for this, but Revenge of the Sith is my personal favorite. That's the one that made me fall in love with Star Wars. If I'm ranking them it's 3, 5, 7/4, 6, 1, 2. I can't decide just yet if I like The Force Awakens more than A New Hope. 2 had that great scene with all those Jedi on the battlefield and we actually get to see Yoda in action, but the Anakin/Padmé love story was so unnatural and so far from feeling organic. 1 has Darth Maul who's amazing it's a shame he was a 1 off for the movies, they brought him back in Clone Wars which was cool, but Jar Jar bogs that film down. I like many wish Qui Gon stuck around. Now as for why Revenge of the Sith is my favorite? I had seen the originals when I was young 5/6, but I wasn't old enough to appreciate them. By the time I was Revenge of the Sith had come out, I wanna say I was 12 and that was the first Star Wars to grab my attention. I mean that final battle with Anakin and Obi-Wan was great. I think that's the best lightsaber duel in the entire saga. The Emperor and Yoda going at it? Dude! I liked the way they intercut those two battles. At the end when Obi-Wan is saying "You were the Chosen one!" to Anakin, you could see the pain on his face, Jedi are trained to set their feelings aside, but Obi-Wan's heart was broken, he lost his best friend/student/brother/son to the Dark Side. Ewan McGregor was just great.

Ewan McGregor made Revenge. I love that final fight and his speech to Anakin before leaving him for dead. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens - BmorePat87 - 12-21-2015, 06:50 PM