Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus
(01-24-2017, 05:04 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Houses of the Holy would definitely be in my top 10.

That's all I've heard, I was just curious if anyone had listened to it.  If you're referring to the track they did on SNL, I wasn't diggin' it much either.  I wanna hear that gold Wu Tang joint ol buddy is supposed to release.
You talking about that Wu Tang record where only one copy was printed?

There was a really interesting series that was on PBS up here a while back. It was called Soundbreaking. It's just about recorded music over different time periods. The episode on sampling had the Wu Tang on it. They came from Staten Island, and were pretty much cut off from the rest of the NYC scene. Everything else was moving toward the slick Death Row and Bad Boy production. These guys were using equipment that wasn't state of the art, and we're sampling old Kung Fu flicks, because they couldn't afford to sample real songs like everybody else.... There was a lot on there about the Paul's Boutique era Beastie Boys too. I think that's what made me dust off the old Check Your Head record.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus - jason - 01-24-2017, 05:57 PM