Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus
(01-26-2017, 01:43 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Here's a couple more cds to spin.......

Buddy Guy-  Damn Right I've Got the Blues

Queens of the Stone Age- Rated R

Hank 3- Lovesick, Broke, and Driftin.........and Ghost to a Ghost (love this cd!)

Love me some Buddy Guy and Hank III.

If you really like Buddy, the 3 disc set of "The Complete Vanguard Sessions" and "Buddy Guy & Junior Wells Play the Blues" are two excellent options.  I've seen him three times live, and will go again when he is close.  What a beast on the guitar.  One of his newer albums is very good too, "Livin' Proof", as well as "Bring 'em In".  His latest offering is pretty good, but not as good as those too.

Some other blues I would suggest are John Lee Hooker's "Best of: 1965-1974", 1992's "Boom, Boom", "Live at Soledad Prison" and "Free Beer and Chicken", which is a funk infused album featuring Joe Cocker on some vocals.  Earl Hooker "Two Bugs and a Roach", "The Definitive Jimmy Vaughan", Magic Sam's "West Side Soul", Blue Brothers "A Breifcase Full of Blues", Canned Heat's "Uncanned! The Best of Canned Heat", Freddie King's "Best of the Shelter Years" (which also features Leon Russell on keys and doing the production work), Stevie Ray Vaughan and Albert King "In Session", Jimi Hendrix "Blues", Johnny Winter "Scorchin' Blues" and "Still Alive and Well" (as well as his latest release)....these should get you started...lol.  What can I say, I'm a blues nut.

Love "Ghost to a Ghost", especially "Guttertown" and "Struggles of a Workin Man", but when Hank III is playin, I'm usually drankin, so it's typically a "Damn Right and Rebel Proud" or "Straight to Hell" kinda night....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-26-2017, 02:52 PM