Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't know how to feel
On one hand, people are telling me to not be excited about the Bengals.
On the other, people are wondering why I'm not more excited about the Bengals.

Because I'm someone that lets other people dictate my feelings about things, tell me, dear friends, how should I feel about the Bengals?

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 12:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: On one hand, people are telling me to not be excited about the Bengals.

Because I'm someone that lets other people dictate my feelings about things, tell me, dear friends, how should I feel about the Bengals?

Mellow

Cautiously optimistic 

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 12:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: On one hand, people are telling me to not be excited about the Bengals.

Mellow

Well PhilHos..  I am one of the smartest people on the face of the planet.  Let me know how you feel after I tell you that you are insane if you let other human beings dictate how you feel.  Now as far as the Bengals...  we are off to a good start and lots of talent... good chance we make the playoffs... so I am excited...  it feels different this time..  but you need to decide how you feel about it... not let someone else feel for you.... your not a robot!!  JESUS DIDNT MAKE ROBOTS SON!!!!!  
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 01:07 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Cautiously optimistic 

Yeah, it is still early but you have to like what you are seeing.

My advice is to just enjoy the ride cause as long as we can stay somewhat healthy (knock on wood) we can play with anyone right now.

Cause we look to finally have a confident, aggressive pin point passer to go along with everything else.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 01:09 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Well PhilHos..  I am one of the smartest people on the face of the planet.  Let me know how you feel after I tell you that you are insane if you let other human beings dictate how you feel.  Now as far as the Bengals...  we are off to a good start and lots of talent... good chance we make the playoffs... so I am excited...  it feels different this time..  but you need to decide how you feel about it... not let someone else feel for you.... your not a robot!!  JESUS DIDNT MAKE ROBOTS SON!!!!!  

Reps. Cool
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't that be two sides of the same hand?

Mellow

In any event, be excited. If the team is 5-0, be excited. If the team bombs the rest of the season and we're 6-10, be excited. If AD throws 4 TDs every game from now until January, be excited. If AD retires midseason and we trade for Nick Foles, be excited.

The short of it, be excited.

Why? Because you've got three more months of football. Of who knows what. Of games where — no matter the final outcome — we have a chance to win every one of them. Of one of the best team's in the NFL.

Be excited, Phil.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Mellow

You create your own feelings, by all means be excited.

The more they win the more excited you should be.

Reply/Quote

Mellow

well they are 4-0 so right now... You should feel good.

what are you worried about that they might lose a game this season? it happens to every team almost every year (except 1 time)
Reply/Quote
It's a good team.. Enjoy the moment.
Reply/Quote
I want to see the team play as good as they are for another week or two before I get too excited but this looks like the best team we've had since Dalton and Green arrived.
Reply/Quote
Very good. We are playing the best we probably ever have (or maybe ever will).

We are going to be fine as long as we don't have major injuries.
Reply/Quote
It is pretty simple to me.

When things are going good I feel good. When things are going bad then feel bad.
Reply/Quote
Have you rubbed one out whilst watching replay highlights of the game?

Oh. Uh, yeah, me neither.
Reply/Quote
"It's easy to grin
when your ship comes in
and you've got the stock market beat.
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile
when his shorts are too tight in the seat".
Reply/Quote
I think this stretch against the Seahawks, Bills, and Steelers will tell us a lot. We don't have to win every game for me to start having more faith. I just don't want to see a flop game, a game where Dalton posts a 5 QB rating, a game were we have 5 turnovers and 12 penalties ! A keystone cops looking game.

Then if we don't fold up like a pup tent like we usually do under the lights at the Browns game and I'll be more onboard.

I'm feeling pretty good right now but like someone else said I'm staying cautiously optimistic.
Reply/Quote

Mellow

Nope.  Won't dictate your feelings. As for me, I feel optimistic about the Bengals, but I think some in the media are going way overboard predicting #1 AFC seeds and such just 4 games in.  It's a long season.  As long as the injuries don't pile up, we have a shot for a great year.
Reply/Quote
'88 Super Bowl team started out 6-0

'81 Super Bowl team went 5-0 in November

Yes, i said Super Bowl... Ninja

This team is not there yet, but they are starting to build on something
Reply/Quote
Happily optimistic that the Bengals are as good as we thought they were last few years before injury bug struck hard.

All the pieces are once again in place. Except maybe a stud LBer that they may be adding in a few weeks anyway.

Times are good now, will stop short of saying "don't worry", but absolutely "BE HAPPY !"

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Mellow

Just pack it in now.  Save yourself the heartache down the road.  That's what I'm doing.  I think I'm going to just become a Browns fan, this way I can keep all my orange clothes I already bought. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 12:45 PM)Utts Wrote: "It's easy to grin
when your ship comes in
and you've got the stock market beat.
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile
when his shorts are too tight in the seat".

What about the man who still cries even when his ship is coming in?
Reply/Quote