Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top QB Stat Thread
I saw in the one thread that Joey B is like 3rd in PROJECTED yards behind Mahommes and Allen and I was just curious about where he CURRENTLY stacks up amongst QBs. If you were wondering, here you go:

Completion percentage:
73.5 - Geno Smith
71.1 - Matthew Stafford
68.9 - Joe Burrow
68.5 - Kenny Picket (in only 4 games)
68.4 - Matt Ryan

Passing Yards:
2159 - Patrick Mahommes
2097 - Joe Burrow
2009 - Justin Herbert
2008 - Matt Ryan
1980 - Josh Allen (in only 6 games)

Passing Touchdowns:
20 - Patrick Mahommes
17 - Josh Allen (again, only 6 games)
15 - Joe Burrow
13 - Lamar Jackson
12 - Justin Herbert

QB Rating:
109.5 - Patrick Mahommes
109.1 - Josh Allen (6 games)
107.7 - Geno Smith
105.9 - Tua Tagovailoa
102.7 - Joe Burrow

There's no doubt Mahommes and Josh Allen are the 2 best QBs in the league, but honestly, (and maybe this is my homerism talking) I would put Burrow right there with them. I think you can't talk about the best QBs in the league without Burrow. And sure, rank him 3 between the 3 of them, if you want, but in my opinion, there's the elite tier of Mahommes, Allen and Burrow (throw in Rodgers and Brady if you want because they may not be playing like it this year, but they were CLEARLY elite at one point) and then there's everybody else.

Just my 2 cents. What say you?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Burrow is 100% in that conversation. Week one is looking more and more like an outlier. By EPA per attempt, Burrow has been the 4th best QB since week two. Since week three, he has been the 2nd best. Here it is, plotted below.

[Image: BHuPJgt.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 01:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I saw in the one thread that Joey B is like 3rd in PROJECTED yards behind Mahommes and Allen and I was just curious about where he CURRENTLY stacks up amongst QBs. If you were wondering, here you go:

Completion percentage:
73.5 - Geno Smith
71.1 - Matthew Stafford
68.9 - Joe Burrow
68.4 - Matt Ryan

Passing Yards:
2159 - Patrick Mahommes
2097 - Joe Burrow
2009 - Justin Herbert
2008 - Matt Ryan

Passing Touchdowns:
20 - Patrick Mahommes
15 - Joe Burrow
13 - Lamar Jackson
12 - Justin Herbert

QB Rating:
109.5 - Patrick Mahommes
107.7 - Geno Smith
105.9 - Tua Tagovailoa
102.7 - Joe Burrow

There's no doubt Mahommes and Josh Allen are the 2 best QBs in the league, but honestly, (and maybe this is my homerism talking) I would put Burrow right there with them. I think you can't talk about the best QBs in the league without Burrow. And sure, rank him 3 between the 3 of them, if you want, but in my opinion, there's the elite tier of Mahommes, Allen and Burrow (throw in Rodgers and Brady if you want because they may not be playing like it this year, but they were CLEARLY elite at one point) and then there's everybody else.

Joe Cool definitely ranks amongst the elites like Allen and Mahomes in my opinion and possibly could lead them both in most of these stats by seasons end. 

His slow start after surgery gave them a comfortable lead a few weeks back, but instantly he has closed the gap.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Those Geno Smith mentions blow my flippin mind lol
Ditto that w Matt Ryan
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 01:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I saw in the one thread that Joey B is like 3rd in PROJECTED yards behind Mahommes and Allen and I was just curious about where he CURRENTLY stacks up amongst QBs. If you were wondering, here you go:

Completion percentage:
73.5 - Geno Smith
71.1 - Matthew Stafford
68.9 - Joe Burrow
68.4 - Matt Ryan

Passing Yards:
2159 - Patrick Mahommes
2097 - Joe Burrow
2009 - Justin Herbert
2008 - Matt Ryan

Passing Touchdowns:
20 - Patrick Mahommes
15 - Joe Burrow
13 - Lamar Jackson
12 - Justin Herbert

QB Rating:
109.5 - Patrick Mahommes
107.7 - Geno Smith
105.9 - Tua Tagovailoa
102.7 - Joe Burrow

Agreed on Burrow "In the conversation".  BTW, I think Herbert ends the season with the most yards because his defense sucks and he will have the most good weather games.  Going to be hard to catch Allen, though.  
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 01:14 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Burrow is 100% in that conversation. Week one is looking more and more like an outlier. By EPA per attempt, Burrow has been the 4th best QB since week two. Since week three, he has been the 2nd best. Here it is, plotted below.

[Image: BHuPJgt.png]

A couple things that strike me as funny about this graph:

Poor Baker.  All alone in a quadrant of one.

Andy Dalton being the "line of demarcation" as usual.

Cooper Rush went 3-1, but shows poorly.

I would have imagined Hurts being in a better spot.  Shows you that you can win with defense and just high % plays. 

Lastly, remember how many people called Trevor Lawrence the better prospect of the two (with Burrow)?  Yeah, so do I.  I called BS then and it is nice to be proven so right.  
Reply/Quote
We got a good one.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 10:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:  

Lastly, remember how many people called Trevor Lawrence the better prospect of the two (with Burrow)?  Yeah, so do I.  I called BS then and it is nice to be proven so right.  

I had people (non-Bengal fans) try and tell me we missed out on the “real prize” by one year. And that Lawrence would totally destroy the league right away.

It’s almost like it takes more than just a big arm to be a good NFL QB…

Now - could he still have a Josh Allen like breakout in year 3 or beyond? Sure, but he’s got a long way to go to catch up with Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 11:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I had people (non-Bengal fans) try and tell me we missed out on the “real prize” by one year. And that Lawrence would totally destroy the league right away.

Now - could he still have a Josh Allen like breakout in year 3 or beyond? Sure, but he’s got a long way to go to catch up with Burrow.

I seem to remember an inordinant amount of people on here who thought the Bengals should pass on Burrow and try for Lawrence...or simply stated that Lawrence would be better. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 11:45 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I seem to remember an inordinant amount of people on here who thought the Bengals should pass on Burrow and try for Lawrence...or simply stated that Lawrence would be better. 

It is interesting to peruse old threads from time to time to see how things have evolved vs. public opinion.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Hypothetical-2021-1-pick?page=4
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 12:07 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It is interesting to peruse old threads from time to time to see how things have evolved vs. public opinion.

Noooo. I ddon't like reading my old posts. Some of them are from less than sober me.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 12:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Noooo. I ddon't like reading my old posts. Some of them are from less than sober me.

We all have ‘em. I’ve read some things I posted on the past and just thought “oh god, I thought that?”
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 12:07 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It is interesting to peruse old threads from time to time to see how things have evolved vs. public opinion.

lol. I just got done reading the entire 23 page 'qb options for 2019' thread. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 12:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Noooo. I ddon't like reading my old posts. Some of them are from less than sober me.

(10-30-2022, 12:44 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: We all have ‘em. I’ve read some things I posted on the past and just thought “oh god, I thought that?”

Don't even get me started...   Nervous

Reply/Quote
I've always been on record to take Burrow. Wasn't sold on Herbert and I don't trust Alabama QB's. Lawrence and you can check my posts.. I've always thought this guy was overrated never improved after his freshman year at Clemson.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 11:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I had people (non-Bengal fans) try and tell me we missed out on the “real prize” by one year. And that Lawrence would totally destroy the league right away.

To be fair, he did not have good coaches last year. Doug Pederson may get the best out of Lawrence eventually, but how much "correction" of TL he still has ahead of him due to Meyer's poor coaching, I don't know. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 09:38 AM)PhilHos Wrote: To be fair, he did not have good coaches last year. Doug Pederson may get the best out of Lawrence eventually, but how much "correction" of TL he still has ahead of him due to Meyer's poor coaching, I don't know. 

He’s got a Super Bowl winning coach now, and it’s not looking much better. A #1OA QB is supposed to be a franchise changer.

But we’ll see. It’s obviously still early.

Reply/Quote
Josh Allen is over-rated and I will die on this hill.

He is a really good QB - I just don't think he's the best QB in the league that so many have crowned him to be. He has a big arm and is athletic, but as a QB - I think he is over-rated.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 11:09 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Josh Allen is over-rated and I will die on this hill.

He is a really good QB - I just don't think he's the best QB in the league that so many have crowned him to be. He has a big arm and is athletic, but as a QB - I think he is over-rated.

This is how I feel about Lamar Jackson.

Dude is a GREAT running threat and has a strong arm, but doesn't seem to be able to read defenses at an elite level. At some point, whether due to injury or age, he's not going to be able to rely on his athleticism and at that point, we'll see just how good a QB he truly is. I mean, we kinda already know, because when the running game of the Ravens and Lamar is limited, Jackson clearly struggles.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 11:26 AM)PhilHos Wrote: This is how I feel about Lamar Jackson.

Dude is a GREAT running threat and has a strong arm, but doesn't seem to be able to read defenses at an elite level. At some point, whether due to injury or age, he's not going to be able to rely on his athleticism and at that point, we'll see just how good a QB he truly is. I mean, we kinda already know, because when the running game of the Ravens and Lamar is limited, Jackson clearly struggles.

I feel the exact same way about Lamar.

The guy wants elite money, but defenses have adjusted to him over the years and he's not an elite guy after those defensive adjustments. He's 23rd in completion % this year. We all saw how many WIDE OPEN guys he missed when we played them a few weeks ago. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote